Newfield's Construction Management teams are characterized by experience, communication tools and skills, and the understanding that they are
there to serve the client. This expertise provides value to our new and repeat clients from project feasibility stage through project closeout.
The preconstruction phase services are particularly important under the Construction Management model. Our CM services are split between "at-Risk"
and "Agency" representation and we are confident of project success under both forms of agreement.
- Development of preliminary budgets and budget tracking throughout the project
- Building of master schedules
- Analysis and input to design concepts - value engineering
- Constructability reviews minimize issues during construction
- LEED point accrual contributions
- Construction planning, scheduling and coordination through owner occupancy
By utilizing the latest management tools, Newfield's construction professionals coordinate the various trade subcontractors to assure that
your project meets the stated goals of quality, time and cost. We believe the proper mix of experienced project professionals, from project
managers and superintendents to project engineers and quality control and safety experts, best represents a successful project outcome. We can
offer this service to our clients on a cost plus, negotiated, guaranteed maximum price (GMP) or lump sum basis.
Newfield's Design/Build program offers clients a single point of responsibility to enhance quality, cost and schedule adherence. By combining a
project's design and construction elements into one team, Newfield is capable of providing early pre-construction services, expediting
permitting, faster mobilization and accelerated construction by overlapping design and engineering work with procurement and construction
services. This service lessens your administrative burden and reduces the time and cost that is allocated in the typical Design-Bid-Build process.
Flexibility to adhere to your project goals is our focus. Newfield professionals provide a full range of services from management of the total
project including planning, design, construction, installation, fit-out and occupancy; or can act as your advisor and consultant on various
project issues. Based upon the needs of the program or project(s), Newfield will utilize the latest in management technology and systems to carry
out the desired services.
Newfield Construction, Inc. is a proud member of the CT Green Building Council with 8 LEED Accredited Professionals on staff who work with our
clients to explore all aspects of sustainable design and construction. We have completed LEED Silver projects and look to incorporate sustainable
elements in all of our projects. Areas of focus for implementation of the LEED program include:
- Renewable Resources/Energy
- Building Materials with Low Embodied Energy
- Optimize Material Use and Use Products with Recycled Content Where Possible
- Site the Building to Minimize Environmental Impact
- Utilize Materials From Regional Sources
- Design Water-efficient, Low-maintenance Landscaping
- Develop a Project "Waste Management Plan" to Minimize Job-site Waste and Promote Recycling
- Utilize Materials with Low Vapor Emissions (VOC's)
- Implement an Air Quality Management Plan During Construction
Building Information Modeling (BIM)
As a leader in the construction industry, Newfield Construction, Inc. has embraced Building Information Modeling (BIM) to manage
the construction process. We work with design teams to integrate their models with models from the trade contracting community,
providing clash detection, scheduling and costing information with which to manage the project. This in turn leads to greater project
efficiencies in the areas of schedule, budget and quality. Newfield also has the ability to refine the model to the Facilities Management
level, allowing for clients to manage their building through BIM.